The most important business marketing practice nowadays is creation of an effective search engine optimization strategy that will make a site go viral. Gone are the days when computers and the internet would make us feel like old Jurassic fossils. These days, almost everything has taken an online trend, ranging from dating to top-notch business activities as people from all walks of life try to embrace globalization. In fact, having a website is no longer an issue; the real issue is making that website visible online. Search Engine Optimization is one of the most important ways of ensuring high online visibility for websites.On-page Versus Off-page Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
There has been a lot of debate on the issue of on-page and off-page SEO tricks, with some people arguing that on-page SEO is more important than off-page SEO. However, it is clear that an effective search engine optimization strategy is one that makes use of both of these strategies in fine moderation. On-page SEO entails the use of tricks and tips on a site or blog that will boost the position of the site or blog on the Search Engine Results Pages. Here is a sneak peak of the most widely applied On-page SEO techniques.
- Keyword optimization. Keyword optimization forms the bulk of on-page SEO tricks. This is because the search engine algorithm is based on the proper use of keywords. For instance, using keywords in the URL of your site is a step in the right direction, just like using the keywords in the title, in the description, and in the Keyword Meta Tag, heading tags and ALT tags. Using the keyword(s) in the first and last sentence adds color to the already good package. You also need to consider the individual and overall keyword density seriously as keyword stuffing will pour cold water of your SEO plans. Use of the keywords in the content should make sense and if you have more than 2 keywords, make sure that they are used next to one another in the content.
- Fresh Content and Regular Updates. Content is said to be king when it comes to SEO and internet marketing in general. Remember it is relevant content that will drive content to your site and create a long-lasting relationship with your audience. Duane Forrester once said that what continues to plague search marketers is the adherence to old-think issues: ‘Content is too hard to create.’ ‘Links are too hard to build organically.’ This type of focus blinds you to more important things. In this light, you have to create relevant content if you envision high search engine ranking that will lead to high Returns On Investment. The content should be updated regularly to ensure that the visitors to your site are reading the latest information in the market.
- Efficient linking techniques. Imagining effective search engine optimization without factoring in proper linking techniques is self-defeating logic. It is like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole. The internet linking structure should be effective and all links need to be validated. The internal links anchor texts should be irresistible; keeping in mind that bait without a hook is just food. Take keen consideration of the outbound link anchor text and ensure you have stable link partners. If you can link only to high quality, authority sites, the better.
- Other On-page techniques. You also need to consider the following on-page SEO facets when planning for effective SEO.
- Webpage File Names
- Domain Name Extensions
- Webpage File Size
- URL Length
- LSI Content Theming
- Domain Age
On the other hand, off-page SEO entails all the activities that are geared towards Search Engine Optimization that is performed outside the site. They include the following.
- Article and press release submissions. There are several article submission sites that can really help in search engine optimization. There are also free and paid press release submission sites that disseminate information about your site to all and sundry. Classified submission is also crucial, remembering that most people connect to businesses via classified websites. CSS, W3C and RSS Directory Submission is an extra feather to the cap.
- Search engine optimization tools. Search engines have a myriad of tools that can be used to optimize a site. Google Webmaster Tools Account Setup and Monitoring tools are good examples here. Sitemap Submission, Navigation and Design Optimization also play a crucial role in search engine optimization.
- Social Media Optimization. Social networks are a terrific window into human behavior; you can judge what a niche responds to and market to it more effectively by watching for trends and interacting with influential people in the network. (Debra Mastaler). Consequently, social media bookmarking and optimization should be in the forefront of your SEO campaign. Remember also that 2/3 of the world population is on a social network or two, and this is just an indication of how much you can miss by ignoring the social media.
Other off-page techniques to consider are:
- Answers Document/Slide sharing
- PPC Ad campaign
- Check Search Engine Road Blocks
- Broken Link Checking
- Keyword Research
- Website Analysis
- Blog Commenting
- Profile Creation
- Link Wheel
- Forum Posting
- Search Engine Submissions
- Directory Submissions
- Social Bookmarking
- Link Exchange
- Link Baiting
- Photo Sharing
- Video Promotion
- Review Writing
The dynamism of Search Engine Optimization.
It is intriguing how Search Engine Optimization evolves by the day. This means that you have to be keen to ensure that you update yourself with the latest SEO trends, as an effective search engine optimization amalgamates the latest technologies in the search platform. It is even more interesting to try to be at par with the latest SEO tricks, given that search engines change the search algorithm by 500-600 times in a year.
In a nutshell, effective search engine optimization is all you need to take your business to the next level. It is an efficient lead generation plan that ensures that your site is easily available to all who are looking for it online. However, it has to be taken with the seriousness it deserves. Remember that the days of SEO being a game outsmarting algorithms are over. Today content strategy and valuable, sustainable strategies are essential, not just tricks and links (Adam Audette).